Selling your home looks a lot different than it did pre-coronavirus and it will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future. At 828 Real Estate, we’re adapting the way we’re helping buyers find homes and sellers market their properties in a new world of real estate. If you don’t feel comfortable letting people in and out of your house regularly, technology can replace traditional methods of home showing. 828 Real Estate is here to work with you, giving buyers a realistic walk-through of your home while drastically reducing the occurrence of physical showings.
What to do if you Must Show Your House In-Person:
828 Real Estate will pre-vet Buyers before they visit the home with methods such as:
- Ensuring the house and neighborhood are a fit for the buyers before they enter your home. We provide potential buyers with
maps, surveys, and neighborhood photos to make sure the home is a solid match.
- Using virtual tours to help a buyer determine layout and measurements of certain rooms (upon request) for the buyer to determine whether their furniture fits in the rooms.
- If the buyer is extremely interested – in many cases not only pre-qualified but also pre-approved or with cash- 828 Real Estate will work with the client to ensure safety for everyone showing your house during coronavirus, by;
- Preparing the home to show with limited touching. We will have doors open, lights on, etc.
- Having everyone sign a Coronavirus Certification
- Limiting the number of people who enter. No kids and only the primary parties – 1-2 at
- Requiring hygienic precautions with gloves, masks, booties and hand sanitizer before entering.
- Cleaning and disinfecting before and after each showing. Washing hands, using hand sanitizer and disinfecting any surface that gets touched before exiting.
How to Show Your Home Virtually During Coronavirus:
If you don’t want people in your home for showings, bring the showing to them virtually! To start, take high-quality video and photographs of your home. You can start by:
- Deep clean and declutter: Remove items from countertops, saving only a few decorative pieces.
- Maximize floor space by removing extra furnishings like baskets of stuff, toy-boxes, blanket bins, etc.
- Add colorful throw pillows, green plants, fresh flowers in vases, pretty bowls of real fruit.
Our professional home staging tips are a valuable resource for preparing your home for a successful showing or photography session.
You may take your own listing photos, if desired. A few helpful tips:
- Use a tripod, if you have on, or you can get one on Amazon for $12.
- Avoid reflections from doors, windows, shower doors, mirrors.
- Turn on all lights and open blinds, taking shots when the sun is shining in.
- Use props to show the scale of areas. For example, deck furniture shows how big the deck is.
- Take several pictures of each room from different angles and let your Realtor® choose the best.
You may take your own video Walkthrough. Tips for Success:
- Set your phone to Airplane mode before videoing to eliminate incoming calls or texts.
- Watch Realtor® videos for inspiration. View online tutorials, if needed.
- Move your whole body when you move the camera to avoid a dizzying effect.
- Plan your route, starting with outdoor curb appeal then entering the front door to video the inside.
- FaceTime, Live video walkthroughs may be done with Q&A’s for Buyers ready to make an offer.
Once your photos and videos are on file with 828 Real Estate, we will use an online editor to enhance their quality so buyers can get the most from your photos! If you’re ready to get your High Country home on the market, we’re ready to help. Fill out our contact form below and we’ll be in touch with you very soon!